To provide grants to nonprofit organizations committed to improving the quality of health and healthcare of the residents of the BHFSA service area. In particular, the Foundation will strive to support activities consistent with the Foundation's priorities and efforts that are based on sound strategies.
Responsive Grants Priorities
- Efforts that address health issues of high incidence in our communities
- The reduction of gaps in service and improving access to care
- The elimination of disparities in health
- Services that address the needs of the medically vulnerable and consider the continuum of care
Funding Strategies-The Foundation will
- Seek to engage in strategic grantmaking that includes multiple funding partners to leverage funding opportunities.
- Support efforts based on best-practices, with measurable and practical outcome evidence.
- Give strong consideration to efforts that can be replicated and taken to scale.
- Encourage partnerships between faith-based organizations and health agencies.
- Address the health needs of high-risk populations in an ecumenical fashion.
- Assist in identifying and addressing service gaps in the community.
- Endeavor to address health issues before they develop through education and prevention measures.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing within the Foundation community, the nonprofit community, and the greater community.
Baptist Health Foundation of San Antonio is not accepting Letters of Inquiry at this time. Please refer to this website in mid-March 2014 for grant guidelines.
We will continue to accept mini grants applications through 12:00 noon, July 1, 2013. Please click on the Mini Grants link at the left for funding guidelines.
Back To Top